Delicious Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Are you in the mood for a delicious Italian dinner? Chicken Parmesan is a classic dish that is sure to satisfy your appetite and is surprisingly easy to make. This recipes results in crispy and flavorful chicken with a delightful cheese and tomato sauce. Here I share my version of Chicken Parm to make at home.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (pounded to ¼ inch thick)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup finely crushed corn flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 29 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, parsley, garlic powder, basil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and water.
- In a third shallow bowl, combine the corn flakes and 1 tablespoon of the reserved flour mixture. Dip each piece of chicken in the reserved flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and finally in the corn-flake mixture to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the chicken, and cook for 4 minutes per side in the hot oil, until both sides are golden brown.
- Move the chicken to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In the same skillet, sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Add the tomato sauce, sugar, and oregano. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and then Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Enjoy Your Chicken Parmesan!
Making your own Chicken Parmesan at home is a great way to bring a restaurant quality meal to your table. It takes a few steps, but once you master it it will become a regular in your kitchen. Enjoy this classic dish with a side of your favorite pasta or a green salad. Enjoy!