Experience the Taste of Paradise with this Delicious “Chicken on the Beach” Recipe!
Do you ever dream of beautiful, sandy beaches, palm trees and the sound of waves lapping the shore? Well, you can make that dream come alive in your own kitchen with this exotic dish: “Chicken on the Beach”. This unique dish harmoniously combines the taste of Caribbean spices, a zesty marinade, and succulent pieces of chicken, all served on a bed of fragrant basmati rice. Read on to find out how to enjoy a slice of the tropics from the comfort of your own home.
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon cumin powder
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 cup basmati rice
• 2 cups water
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Start by marinating the chicken. In a medium bowl, mix together the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, coriander, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper. Slice the chicken breasts into cubes and add to the marinade. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the rice. In a medium saucepan, add the basmati rice and water. Bring to a boil and let simmer until the rice is cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the marinated chicken. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Serve the chicken on top of the cooked basmati rice and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
For an extra kick, add a dollop of mango chutney or your favorite hot sauce to the chicken. You can also substitute tofu to make this dish vegan-friendly. Try pairing your chicken on the beach with a side of tropical fruit salad for a complete meal!
This recipe for “Chicken on the Beach” captures the essence of the Caribbean islands. It features a colorful blend of spices and flavors, so it’s sure to bring a taste of paradise into your kitchen. It will tantalize your taste buds and leave you feeling like you’ve stepped onto a beach in the Caribbean. Give this dish a try and bring the flavors of the tropics into the comfort of your own home!