Tantalizing Chicken Embutido – A Filipino Treat
Do you want to get out of your dinner rut and try something new? Embutido is an incredible Filipino dish that is delicious, savory, and can be comfortably enjoyed no matter the occasion. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic preparation steps, you can have this international favorite ready to enjoy in no time!
– 1 pound ground chicken
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– ½ cup sweet pickle relish
– 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
– 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs
– 5 tablespoons raisins
– 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 eggs
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a medium pan.
3. Add the ground chicken, garlic, onion powder, and soy sauce and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Mix the sweet pickle relish, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, raisins, Parmesan cheese and eggs in a large bowl.
5. Add the cooked chicken and blend everything well.
6. Grease a 9×5 inch pan.
7. Place the mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
8. Bake the chicken embutido for 30 minutes, or until the top turns golden-brown.
9. Let your chicken embutido cool before slicing it up and enjoy!
Chicken embutido is a Filipino classic dish that will make your mouth water with its varieties of flavors and texture. It has an aroma of garlic and onion that’s blended with the savory soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. The sweet pickle relish, raisins and Parmesan cheese give it plenty of complex flavor, and the olive oil ensures a juicy texture. This unique dish is a perfect complement to any meal, and is a great way to shake up your dinner routine!
If you’re in the mood for something similar, you can always try making embutido’s cousin dish, morcon. Also from the Philippines, morcon has more of a sausage-type texture and adds a different flavor profile to your taste buds. Whichever you choose, you won’t regret either of these unique and delicious dishes.