Charming Chicken Dim Sum: A Recipe To Try
If you want a truly delectable dish that’s sure to satisfy, you can’t go wrong with the classic Chinese cuisine favorite – chicken dim sum! A savory blend of chicken and vegetables with a hint of spice, this colorful and aromatic dish is perfect for weekday meals or special weekend gatherings.
- 2 cups of diced chicken
- 1/3 cup of diced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of chicken broth powder
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of Shaoxing wine
- 2 spring onions, diced
- 1/3 cup of sliced bamboo shoots
- 30 dumpling wrappers
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- In a large bowl combine diced chicken, shiitake mushrooms, garlic, chicken broth powder, cornstarch, soy sauce, white pepper, sesame oil, and Shaoxing wine until evenly mixed.
- Add spring onions, bamboo shoots, and dumpling wrappers to the bowl and gently combine the ingredients until everything is evenly distributed
- To form the dumplings, scoop about 1 tablespoon of the filling and wrap it up in one dumpling wrapper.
- Combine the vegetable oil in a medium heated pan. Once the pan has reached the desired temperature, place the dumplings in the pan. Cook the dumplings on each side for 3-5 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- When the dumplings are done cooking, remove them from the pan and place them on a plate. Serve with soy sauce and enjoy!
The classic Chinese cooking tradition of dim sum takes on a new life in this unique chicken dim sum recipe. With a bevy of nutritious and delicious ingredients, this dish is sure to tantalize your taste-buds and delight your dinner guests. The combination of chicken and shiitake mushrooms give it an umami-rich flavor and aroma, while the touch of white pepper and Shaoxing wine adds a splash of zingy spiciness. And let’s not forget about the ever-satisfying crunch of the golden-brown dumpling wrappers!
If you’re looking for a dish to really impress the folks at the dinner table, you can’t go wrong with chicken dim sum. Or if you want to try something close, why not give some other dim sum recipes like steamed pork buns or vegetable gyoza a try? No matter which dish you choose, one thing’s for certain – you’ll love the delightful culinary experience of Chinese dim sum!