Experience the Bursting Flavors of Chicken Chipotle Salad
Lovers of Mexican cuisine, you’re in for a treat! This Chicken Chipotle Salad is a scrumptious combination of hearty and tangy that’s guaranteed to tantalize your taste buds. Drawing from the best of Mexican and Southwest cooking, the spiciness of the chipotles is perfectly balanced with the versatility of chicken. Whether you’re a fan of traditional enchiladas or have always wanted to try something different, Chicken Chipotle Salad is a recipe that’s sure to become a crowd-pleaser.
• 2 Skinless chicken breasts
• 2 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
• 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon Ancho chili powder
• 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon Oregano
• ½ head Green or red leaf lettuce, shredded
• 1 Avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
• ½ cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
• ½ cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
• ½ cup Cotija-lime vinaigrette
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place chicken breasts in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with salt, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and oregano.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, and cheese.
5. In a small bowl, combine chipotle peppers and Cotija-lime vinaigrette.
6. Once chicken has cooled, shred the meat and mix with the rest of the salad ingredients. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss until well combined.
This Chicken Chipotle Salad is a delightful and intriguing twist on traditional Mexican dishes. A perfect balance of spicy, smoky, and fresh touches will captivate your palette, while the combination of crunchy lettuce, creamy avocado, and juicy tomatoes will make each mouthful a sensory delight.
The Cotija cheese is the key to this dish, and makes it irresistible. This aged Mexican cheese has a mildly salty, slightly sour taste and provides an exciting burst of flavor to the salad.
This delectable recipe is the perfect light summer meal, but the Southwest flavors make it great for winter days too. You can also make it vegetarian by substituting black beans for the chicken, or make it heartier by adding rice. You can’t go wrong!
Bring the flavors of Mexico home and enjoy the bold complexity of Chicken Chipotle Salad today.