Cheesecake Factory Orange Chicken Recipe
Orange chicken is a popular Asian-influenced dish, direct from the kitchen of the Cheesecake Factory. Now, you can make it at home with this recipe!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the flour mixture until they are evenly coated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange juice, ketchup, sugars, vinegar, garlic powder, and ground ginger.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Fry the chicken pieces in the hot oil for about 5 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Serve with steamed white rice and enjoy!