It’s time to tantalise your taste buds and get ready for a dish like no other – cheesecake bread. This unique recipe is the perfect marriage of two popular desserts. Not only does it combine the sweet and creamy flavours of a traditional cheesecake, but the rich and indulgent texture of a classic loaf of bread. A truly unique combination that will take your baking repertoire to a whole new level!
At first thought, this combination of ingredients and cooking methods may seem perplexing. However, the results are truly worth it – a moist, creamy and rich loaf that your guests will devour and remember.
– 210 g (1 + ¾ cups) of all-purpose flour
– 7 g (1 tsp) of baking powder
– 4 g (½ tsp) of baking soda
– 2 g (¼ tsp) of salt
– 120 g (½ cup) of room-temperature butter
– 80 g (1/3 cup) of granulated sugar
– 60 g (¼ cup) of light brown sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 220 g (¾ cup + 2 tbsp) of cream cheese
– 2 tsp of vanilla extract
– 120 ml (½ cup) of buttermilk
– 120 g (1 cup) of white chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a standard-size loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
4. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating until fully incorporated.
5. Add the cream cheese, vanilla, and buttermilk to the bowl and mix until everything is well combined.
6. Transfer the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
7. Gently fold in the white chocolate chips before pouring the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake the cheesecake bread for 45 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the center and comes out clean.
9. Allow the loaf to cool slightly in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
With just a few simple steps and a short list of ingredients, you have a unique, delicious and indulgent treat that is sure to be a hit! This cheesecake bread is a great alternative to traditional grain-based sweet breads, and also offers some subtle hints of cultural inspiration.
Whether you’ll be serving your cheesecake bread as a decadent dessert, a mid-morning snack, or as a part of a moreish brunch, you can be sure that it will be enjoyed by all!