An Exotic Caribbean Treat: Sugar Cake
If you’re looking for a new exciting recipe to add to your culinary repertoire, look no further than this delicious Caribbean sugar cake! With its sweet and spiced aroma, this cake is sure to tantalize taste buds everywhere. Apart from its scrumptious flavor, it also carries with it all the intricacies Caribbean culture.
The ingredients for the cake are full of flavor and unique touches. A pour of coconut milk adds a tropical richness that pairs perfectly with the tartness of guava jam and the sweetness of muscovado sugar. Flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon all mingle to give the cake its classic texture, while butter, eggs, and lemon and almond extracts bring out the flavors.
Caribbean Sugar Cake Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup guava jam
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs together. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Beat together until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, guava jam, coconut milk, and extracts. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until the batter is evenly combined.
- Transfer the cake batter to the greased pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before serving.
This Caribbean Sugar Cake is a delightful treat that combines old world flavors from the Caribbean with unique textures. Its sweet yet spiced aroma creates an even more tantalizing flavor experience. It can be served for dessert, breakfast, or simply for a snack.
This exotic cake is a great starting point for anyone interested in exploring different cultures and tastes. While learning to make this cake, you’ll be exposed to the flavors and aromas of the Island and its traditional cuisine. Baking this cake can also be a wonderful way to feel connected to the Caribbean no matter where you are! It’s a great way to pay homage to this culture and its culinary delights.
If you’re looking for more Caribbean treats, try out recipes such as Jamaican Rum Cake or Cassava Pone!