Bringing A Little Caribbean Flair To The Kitchen With Caribbean Pork
If you’re looking to bring a little tropical sunshine into your kitchen, this Caribbean pork dish is your answer. An aromatic and flavorful combination of pork, spices, and fruit, this meal is sure to tantalize the taste buds of even the most discerning foodie. Not only is it easy to make, but its fusion of classic Bahamian and Cuban flavors makes this dish a unique one-of-a-kind experience.
• 2 pounds of pork (tenderloin or shoulder)
• 1 cup orange juice
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 2 teaspoons cumin
• 2 teaspoons oregano
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 1/2 teaspoon allspice
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 mangos, chopped
• 2 bell peppers, chopped
• 1 onion, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, lime juice, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, oregano, thyme, allspice, and black pepper until blended.
3. Rub the pork with the olive oil, then pour the juice mixture on top.
4. Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork is 165°F.
5. Meanwhile, combine the honey, mangos, bell peppers, and onion in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
6. Place the mixture in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Serve the pork with the mango mixture alongside cooked white rice.
This diverse combination of ingredients and flavors makes for a delightful meal. From the slightly sweet and tart marinade, to the juicy and succulent mixtures of fruits and peppers, every bite will have your taste buds craving more. Not only will you be giving yourself a delectable treat, but you’ll be indulging in a taste of the Caribbean, in all its zesty glory.
For those who want an extra kick, try adding some hot pepper flakes or extra chili powder to the marinade. Or if you’d like a dish that is less spicy, adjust the added seasonings to your liking.
This Caribbean pork dish is sure to please whatever your flavor preference. It’s a vibrant and unique meal, perfect for serving at dinner parties or even just a relaxing night at home. So why not give your palette a jolt and explore the flavors of the Caribbean right in your own kitchen.