Kick Up Your Coleslaw with a Caribbean Twist!
Tired of the same ol’ coleslaw salad? Add some Caribbean flare to your side dish with this easy-to-make coleslaw salad. Tangy and creamy, you’ll love the unique mix of flavors in this Caribbean coleslaw salad that are sure to tantalize your taste buds and bring a little piece of the Caribbean to your dinner table.
This Caribbean coleslaw recipe is packed with the unmistakable flavors of the tropics. Marinating the carrots and cabbage in fresh citrus juice and spiked with cayenne pepper gives the salad a nice kick of heat, while the mayonnaise and honey give it a touch of sweetness. Topped off with some fresh herbs, this Caribbean coleslaw really has it all. Perfect for any occasion, this easy-to-make recipe takes no time to prepare and is sure to be a hit at any gathering!
• 2 cups shredded green cabbage
• 1 cup shredded carrots
• 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
• 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. In a large bowl, combine the shredded cabbage and carrots.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lime juice, orange juice, honey, mayonnaise, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pour the wet ingredients over the cabbage and carrot mixture and mix until evenly coated.
4. Let the salad marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
5. When ready to serve, stir in the chopped fresh herbs and serve cold.
This Caribbean coleslaw salad is sure to please even the most discerning palette. With a flavor-packed combination of marinated vegetables, citrus juice, and a hint of sweetness, this easy-to-make side-dish adds a unique twist to any meal. Try pairing it with tacos, grilled fish, or pulled pork for a Caribbean-inspired feast. Or, to make it a full meal, top the salad with some grilled chicken or shrimp.
Whether you’re looking for an exciting new side-dish or a light and tasty meal, this easy-to-make Caribbean coleslaw salad is sure to add a bit of brightness to any occasion. So kick it up a notch tonight and try this unique coleslaw salad from the Caribbean!