Try This Delicious Cajun Shrimp Salad Recipe
Do you love seafood but feel intimidated by preparing it? This easy cajun shrimp salad recipe is a great way to explore the flavors of the cajun Cuisine without any of the fuss. This salad boasts a combination of sweet, savory, and spicy ingredients that tantalize the taste buds, satisfying both seafood loving and vegetarian appetites alike.
• 2 cups of cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp
• 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup of diced celery
• 2 tablespoons of diced red onion
• 2 tablespoons of diced sweet bell pepper
• 2 teaspoons of lime juice
• 1 tablespoon of cajun spice
• 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, diced
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place the shrimp into a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, onion, bell pepper, lime juice, cajun spice, salt, and pepper.
3. Pour the dressing onto the shrimp and mix until all of the ingredients are evenly coated.
4. Sprinkle the diced parsley onto the mixture and give it one final stir.
5. Refrigerate the shrimp salad for an hour before serving.
The Finishing Touches
This cajun shrimp salad is packed full of flavor. The crunchy vegetables and shrimp complement each other perfectly and the refreshing lime juice and cajun kick create a perfect balance of sweet and spicy.
To kick it up a notch, why not try adding extra heat? Tasting as you go and adding more of the cajun spice until you reach your desired level of spiciness, or you could even add in a few dashes of hot sauce to give the salad a powerful finish.
If you’re looking for a hearty main course meal, try serving this recipe over a bed of wilted greens and a few slices of baguette. You could also top it with crumbled feta for added creaminess.
More Delicious Recipes
If you’re looking for more recipes to tantalize your taste buds, check out Eezy Recipes for dishes from all over the world featuring familiar flavors and unique ingredients.