Butter Waffle Cookies: An Unexpected Sweet Treat
Butter waffle cookies are a delicious fusion of the crunchy texture of waffle with the classic sweet taste of cookie. A simple yet surprisingly tasty mix of butter and sugar with a hint of vanilla extract combine to create a delightful uniquely flavored treat.
The Importance Of Combining Flavors
Combining textures and flavors together can be a tricky task. With butter waffle cookies, you get all the satisfaction of biting into a crunchy waffle and all the sweetness of an irresistible cookie all in one delightful treat. The butter combines with sugar and the subtle hint of vanilla extract to create an unexpectedly delightful flavor.
A Quick, Easy Recipe
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 sticks of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
How to Make:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
5. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
6. Form cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. Cool cookies on a wire rack before serving.
The Perfect After-School Snack
Butter waffle cookies are a great after-school snack or treat to pack in a lunchbox. Perfectly portioned and easy to transport, they make the ideal snack to have on-the-go. For a tasty twist, try adding white chocolate chips or chopped nuts to the cookie dough for an extra crunch.
So if you’re looking for an unexpected sweet treat, or just a scrumptious snack for the kids, butter waffle cookies are the perfect choice. With just the right combination of flavors and textures, these delicious cookies will make you and your family smile.