Welcome to the Brooklyn Banana Bread Company! Here, we specialize in mouthwatering banana bread that is made with just the right amount of sweetness to make it the perfect dessert—for either breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Our unique take on this classic staple is sure to be a hit with everyone.
Calling all banana bread lovers—we present the Brooklyn Banana Bread Company. Our unique version of this time-honored favorite is sure to tantalize your taste buds. This scrumptious treat is an intricate combination of classic flavors, plus a few special twists that will keep you coming back for more!
The classic flavors of banana bread come from a combination of ripe bananas, sugar, oil, and eggs. We’ve added a few special tweaks that take this classic to the next level. We add walnuts for crunch, a hint of cinnamon for spice, and a bit of nutmeg for warmth. And to ensure this recipe has that classic Brooklyn punch, we just had to add a scoop of rich dark chocolate chips.
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup of dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla extract until blended.
4. In another bowl, sift together the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in the flour, walnuts, and chocolate chips until blended.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
7. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before turning out onto the rack to cool completely.
The Brooklyn Banana Bread Company is the perfect way to ‘go bananas’! Crispy walnuts and melting dark chocolate chips meld together with sweet, creamy bananas to create a unique twist on this classic favorite. Get creative with the recipe by adding your own mix-ins—chopped peanuts, raisins, coconut, or even chocolate sauce. Whether you’re making it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, our Brooklyn Banana Bread will be sure to please everyone!