A Delicious Taste of Brazil – Brigadeiro Cake Recipe
Are you looking for an exotic, delicious dessert with an unexpected twist? Have you ever heard of Brazil’s popular sweet treat, Brigadeiro? If not, you’re in for a treat! The ever-popular Brigadeiro is sure to tantalize taste buds with its creamy chocolate flavor, unique texture and colorful presentation.
The traditional Brazilian Brigadeiro is made from melting chocolate, butter and condensed milk, rolled in chocolate sprinkles and served as small bonbons. Today’s modern recipe for Brigadeiro Cake takes the traditional sweet treat a step further, transforming it into a unique, sophisticated cake. Here’s the recipe you need to create your own version of the delectable Brazilian treat.
• 2 cups of high-quality dark chocolate, chopped
• 1/2 cup of butter
• 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
• 1 14-ounce can of condensed milk
• 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
• 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
• 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• Pinch of salt
• 1 cup of chocolate sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 300F. Grease a 9-inch cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate together with the butter, stirring occasionally until smooth.
3. In a large bowl, combine the evaporated milk, condensed milk, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla extract. Mix well.
4. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the bowl and mix until all of the ingredients are combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely before adding the topping.
7. Spread the chocolate sprinkles over the top of the cake and place in the refrigerator to cool for at least 2 hours before serving.
The Brigadeiro cake is perfect for serving at a special occasion or Sunday afternoon tea. This unique and sophisticated cake can be served with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
The indulgent Brigadeiro cake is the perfect way to add exotic flavor to your culinary experience. With bitterness from dark chocolate and an unexpected burst of sweet from the chocolate sprinkles, this delicious dessert will please any crowd. So, why not fire up the oven and treat your guests to a truly unique Brazilian experience. Bon Appétit!