Cooking a Classic: Brenda Gantt’s Meatloaf
Craving comfort food with a happy twist? Look no further than Brenda Gantt’s classic meatloaf recipe! This hearty dish has all of your favorite ingredients and just the right amount of warm happiness. No matter the occasion, you can be sure that this classic recipe will deliver loads of comfort and well-deserved relaxation. So grab your ingredients and let’s get started with this nostalgic dish!
– 2 lbs ground beef
– 1 ½ cups quick oats
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 1 small onion, chopped
– 1 cup ketchup
– 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
– ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
– 1 tsp. garlic powder
– 1 tsp. sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, oats, eggs, onion, 1/2 cup of the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, garlic powder and sea salt. Mix everything together with your hands until everything is blended together.
3. Place the mixture in a 9×13-inch baking pan and form into a long log shape.
4. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of ketchup over the top of the meatloaf.
5. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until the internal temperature has reached 165°F.
6. Let cool slightly before slicing and serving. Enjoy!