Brenda Gantt Biscuit Recipe
A favorite of many foodies, the Brenda Gantt Biscuit is a sweet, spicy treat that is sure to tantalize the taste buds of anyone who encounters it. This multifaceted biscuit combines a variety of flavors to create a complexity that is sure to please any palette. Follow the recipe below to learn how to make these tasty treats in your own kitchen.
• 2 ½ cups white flour
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ cup butter
• 2 teaspoons ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 ½ tablespoons dark brown sugar
• 1 cup skimmed or whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together white flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
4. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, sugar, and dark brown sugar.
5. Add the milk and stir with a wooden spoon until a soft dough is formed.
6. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough comes together.
7. Roll out to about ½ inch thick.
8. Cut biscuits with a biscuit cutter and place on greased baking sheet.
9. Bake for 15 minutes until biscuits are lightly golden.
10. Allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!