Start Your Day With A Delicious And Nutritious Breakfast
Skipping breakfast can cause a drag on your energy levels to start the day, not to mention any long-term health issues from incomplete nutrition. Fortunately, breakfast meals can be delicious, fun and nutritious. Here are two recipes for creative, filling breakfast meal ideas that will help you start your day with a smile.
Granola Bowl with Greek Yogurt and Berries
Breakfast bowls are an extremely popular way to get a combination of nutritious ingredients in one dish. If you like your breakfast sweet and sour, this is the perfect recipe for you!
- 1 cup of granola
- ¾ cup of Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup of mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- In a bowl, combine the granola and yogurt.
- Add the mixed berries.
- Drizzle the honey on top.
Savory Breakfast Burrito
Breakfast burritos are perfect for when you want something savory and satisfying for breakfast. Not to mention, this burrito is filled to the brim with protein and is sure to keep you full for hours!
- 1 large whole wheat tortilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of diced bell peppers
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the eggs.
- Add the spinach and bell peppers to the skillet and continue cooking until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the shredded cheese to the mix and stir until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm the tortilla for about 15 seconds on each side.
- Put the egg and vegetable mix in the middle of the tortilla and roll it up.
- Enjoy your savory breakfast burrito!
Both of these recipes are easy to make and only require few ingredients. If you don’t have all of the ingredients listed, use whatever you have on hand and get creative with your breakfast meal! With these recipes on hand, you’ll have a delicious and nutritious start to your day.