Braised whole chicken – a savory, comforting dish for any occasion
Looking for a savory, aromatic dish that’s sure to please a crowd? Look no further than this delightful braised whole chicken recipe! With its unique combination of flavors and an easy-to-follow preparation method, this dish is sure to bring some culinary delight to any occasion.
– 1 Whole Chicken
-3 large garlic cloves
-4-5 large shallots
-1 cup dry white wine
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1 tablespoon dried oregano
-3-4 large sprigs fresh thyme
-1 bay leaf
1. Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
2. Mince the garlic and shallots and place in a bowl.
3. Add the white wine, olive oil, pepper, oregano, thyme and bay leaf and combine together to make the marinade.
4. Rinse and pat dry the chicken, then place it in a roasting pan.
5. Rub the prepared marinade into the chicken using your hands.
6. Place the marinated chicken in preheated oven and roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until internal temperature is 165F/75C.
7. When the chicken is cooked through, remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
8. Serve warm and enjoy!
Prepare to be amazed
The mix of aromas emanating from this flavorful braised chicken will tantalize your senses while cooking and linger with you long after it’s served. Each mouthful offers hints of garlic, shallots, white wine, oregano, thyme and bay leaf, creating a delightful symphony of flavor. The balance of ingredients creates an earthy flavor that is decidedly familiar yet uniquely memorable.
This braised whole chicken recipe hails from Eastern Europe, specifically Romania and Hungary, drawing inspiration from the diverse culinary heritage of the region. It’s a perfect addition to your repertoire of traditional dishes or a lovely stand-alone meal.
For a variation on the theme, why not try honey-braised chicken? Or maybe you’d prefer stuffed chicken? Whatever your preference, you’re sure to find a recipe that will tantalize your taste buds.