Introducing Boston Roast Beef: The Perfect Comfort Food
Are you looking for a delicious way to comfort your taste buds while satisfying your hearty hunger? Look no further than Boston roast beef! With a few simple ingredients, it’s a great way to add a flavorful twist to dinner.
This nutty, savory dish is a flavor-packed combination of tangy and sweet, no special ingredients required. Boston roast beef offers the perfect amount of complexity and richness that is sure to make everyone from the picky eater to a hearty carnivore happy.
The History of Boston Roast Beef
Boston roast beef has its roots in colonial America. It was originally served for dinner parties, where it quickly caught on as a favorite comfort food. It’s a New England classic and an old favorite, as it has been passed down from generation to generation.
The recipe is unique in that it combines beef and sweet potatoes, two of the region’s main staples, that when cooked together create a rich and flavorful dish. This combination of sweet and savory ingredients is why the roast beef has remained a popular choice for generations.
Ingredients and Preparation
To create a delicious Boston roast beef, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 lbs of beef
- 2 lbs of sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the beef in a roasting pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil.
- Rub the flour mixture all over the beef.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes cubes around the beef in the roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the beef broth, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, tomato paste and parsley.
- Pour the mixture over the beef and sweet potatoes in the roasting pan.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the beef is cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
- Uncover the pan and continue cooking for 15 minutes or until the potatoes and the beef are golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired and serve.
Serving Suggestions for Boston Roast Beef
Boston roast beef is a hearty and comforting meal that is sure to please! Serve with a green salad and crusty bread to make it a complete meal. It also pairs wonderfully with roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, and steamed rice. Add the leftovers to sandwiches and wraps the next day for a delicious lunch you will look forward to.
For a unique variation, try replacing the beef broth with a bottle of beer for an added depth of flavor. Boston roast beef is a surprisingly versatile dish that is sure to be a hit at your dinner table.
So if you’re looking for an easy dish that brings together flavor and comfort, then be sure to give Boston roast beef a try. Enjoy!