Introducing the Delicious Bordeaux Cookie
Do you find yourself craving something sweet and indulgent? If so, you have to try out bordeaux cookies! Featuring cocoa and chopped walnuts, these cookies are sure to satisfy even the most tenacious sweet tooth. Read on to learn more about bordeaux cookies, as well as get a great recipe!
History of Bordeaux Cookies
Believed to be created in the 1920s in Bordeaux, France, bordeaux cookies have long been a classic treat. The cookie is characterized by two main elements: chocolate and walnuts. The two flavors come together to create a tasty, unique treat that many will recognize.
Travelling all the way from France to the US, bordeaux cookies have been a hit since their inception and have become a staple in bakeries and stores alike. It’s no surprise that bordeaux cookies have become one of the most popular sweet treats in the world, and you can even find packaged versions of the partially-baked cookies in stores!
Flavor and Texture of Bordeaux Cookies
Bordeaux cookies are soft and slightly fudgy after baking, which makes them the perfect cookie to enjoy with a hot cup of tea. The cocoa give the cookies a pronounced chocolatey flavor, while the chopped walnuts add texture and additional sweetness to each bite. Fans of this treat suggest that the inside of the cookie remains soft and almost gooey, while the outside should be lightly crisp.
Making Bordeaux Cookies at Home
There’s nothing quite like the aroma of freshly-baked cookies, so why not make bordeaux cookies in your own home? This recipe yields approximately 15-20 cookies, and will make your house smell of chocolatey goodness!
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– ½ teaspoon baking powder
– ¼ teaspoon baking soda
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– ½ cup walnut pieces
– ¾ cup white sugar
– 6 tablespoons butter, softened
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture to the batter, stirring until combined.
6. Mix in the walnut pieces.
7. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake for 8 minutes in preheated oven. Allow these cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.
Try Some Bordeaux Cookies Today
Now that you’ve seen how to make bordeaux cookies, you’re ready to get baking! Give this recipe a try and you’ll be rewarded with a batch of tasty, chocolatey treats that your friends and family are sure to love!