Indulge Your Taste-Buds with Bordeaux Chocolate
Truffles, cake and cookies often get the credit when it comes to chocolate-based desserts. But there’s an often overlooked, delightfully indulgent treat that deserves far more attention: Bordeaux chocolate. Featuring a delicate balance between bitter and sweet flavors, it’s sure to tantalize your taste-buds with every bite.
• 2 ounces chopped dark chocolate (preferably Belgian)
• 4 tablespoons full-fat cream
• 2 tablespoons red wine
• 2 teaspoons sugar
• 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Place the dark chocolate in a bowl.
2. Heat the cream in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring gently, until it comes to a simmer.
3. Pour the heated cream over the chocolate and whisk until combined.
4. Add the red wine, sugar and cocoa powder and whisk until completely blended.
5. Pour the mixture into a mold and freeze for at least an hour.
6. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This recipe was inspired by the decadent flavors of Bordeaux, where people have been enjoying chocolate desserts for centuries. The beer and chocolate flavor combination is produced when the cocoa powder is blended with red wine. The resulting flavor is unique, with a touch of sweetness and tantalizing bitter notes.
If you’re looking for something a little sweeter, you can play around with the ingredients. Try adding a tablespoon of honey or a teaspoon of vanilla extract to tailor the flavors to your personal preferences.
Bordeaux chocolate might just be your new favorite dessert. With its sophisticated flavors and creamy texture, it’s sure to become a family favorite. Whether you serve it on its own or with a side of fresh fruit, one thing is certain: it’s sure to delight even the most discerning palate.