Introducing the Delicious Bonnie Butter Cake
Have you ever had a butter cake? If not, then you are in for a treat!
This Bonnie Butter Cake is definitely a must-try! Not only is butter cake a classic dessert staple, but this particular recipe provides a unique spin on the classic. The perfectly moist and fluffy cake base paired with the creamy butter glaze takes this treat to the next level.
The origins of butter cakes are believed to come from the Austro-Hungarian empire. This means that this meaningful recipe has been around for multiple generations and has been an enjoyable treat for many.
Bonnie Butter Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended.
- Combine the flour and baking powder; mix into the creamed mixture.
- Slowly blend in the milk until batter is smooth.
- Pour or spoon the batter into the prepared pan
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Stir together 1/4 cup of butter with 2 tablespoons of light cream or evaporated milk.
- Add in 2 cups of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until the glaze is creamy and smooth.
- Spread onto the finished cake.
This Bonnie Butter Cake is a delicious, rich and comforting treat! The slight sweetness from the butter glaze creates a wonderful balance with the light and fluffy texture of the cake. With its origins from the Austro-Hungarian empire, this recipe is iconic and has stood the test of time!
If you’re a fan of butter cakes, then this cake is a must-try! And if you’re a fan of classic treats, but looking for an interesting twist, then this recipe is perfect for you! Enjoy!