Chocolate and Blueberry Cake – A Sweet Combination
Who doesn’t love a moist and delicious cake to bond with family and friends? Chocolate and blueberries are a dynamic, energy-filled combination that is sure to turn any cake into something truly special. This Chocolate and Blueberry Cake is a recipe that’s sure to tantalize anyone’s taste buds and conjure up sweet memories.
What Makes This Recipe Unique?
This recipe packs a sweet surprise, as the sumptuous layers add a hint of blueberry tartness to the rich dark chocolate sponge cake. The combination of tart blueberries and dark chocolate make for an extraordinary flavor that is sure to delight. The combination also bears a touch of Asian influence, with blueberries traditionally belonging to Korean cuisine.
Crafting the Perfect Cake
Creating this delicious Chocolate and Blueberry Cake might seem intimidating, but with a few simple steps, you can easily make this delightful treat.
- 200g dark chocolate
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 200g sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 160g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 21 cm round cake pan with butter.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate with the vegetable oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate and oil to the egg and sugar mixture, whisking continuously.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder and salt until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, then pour the mixture into the cake pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. The cake is done when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
This stunning Chocolate and Blueberry Cake would make a great addition to any event, from birthday parties to family reunions. If you wish to make a vegan version, you can use vegan butter in place of regular butter, and substitute the eggs for chia seeds. Additionally, you can replace regular flour with a gluten free variety, or use half all-purpose flour and half almond flour to give your cake a nutty flavor.
This melt-in-your-mouth Chocolate and Blueberry Cake is sure to win hearts and tantalize taste buds. Serve it with a scoop of ice cream or some fresh cream, or even just enjoy it as is. Combining a classic combination of sweet chocolate and tart blueberries, this recipe is sure to be a hit in any gathering!