Indulge in a Rich and Creamy Bled Cream Cake Recipe
If you’re looking for an indulgent dessert that’s sure to stand out among all the others, you’ve come to the right place. Our deliciously iconic Bled Cream Cake is the ultimate way to satisfy your sweet tooth. This decadent dish is a combination of light and fluffy pastry layers topped with an irresistible creamy filling and finished with a generous coating of icing. The result? A treat that packs a punch of sweetness and is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– 4 tablespoons butter
– ⅔ cup milk
– 2 egg whites
– ⅔ cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 tablespoon rum
– 1½ cups heavy cream
– 2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
– ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 tablespoons brandy
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease and line one eight-inch round or square cake tin.
2. Combine the butter and milk in a small saucepan and heat over a low flame until the butter is melted.
3. Meanwhile, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg whites and sugar until it forms thick peaks.
5. Pour the hot milk mixture over the dry ingredients and mix before adding the egg whites and vanilla extract.
6. Gently fold in the rum and mix until combined before pouring the batter into the prepared cake tin.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Leave the cake to cool in the tin while you prepare the cream.
9. Whip the cream, confectioners sugar, and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
10. Spread the cream evenly over the cooled cake and sprinkle the top with brandy before serving.
Our Bled Cream Cake has been providing sweet satisfaction to families all over the world for centuries. This traditional recipe has evolved over the years and each culture is said to give it their own personal touch. Whether you want to enjoy the classic version of this cake or add your own twist, you can be sure that it’ll be a hit that everyone will love.
If you’re looking for more sweet treats, this cake pairs well with our vanilla ice cream or if you’re looking to switch up the flavours, why not try our pear and walnut tart.