Exotic Walnut Cookies with a Rich Nutty Flavor
The taste of freshly blackened walnuts mixed into a soft dough is a combination that will delight fans of nutty baked treats. These cookies boast a strong nutty flavor unlike other walnut recipes. When it comes to the perfect combo of sweet and salty, black walnut cookies are the way to go. Each bite packs a flavorful punch that can’t be replicated.
Ingredients for Black Walnut Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup freshly blackened walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed butter until just blended.
- Stir in the blackened walnuts.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies are especially great during the holidays, but can be enjoyed year round. Their robust flavor and pleasing texture can turn any day in to an occasion. The big chunks of blackened walnuts coupled with the crunch of the cookie will tantalize your taste buds.A batch of black walnut cookies is sure to be the star of your next gathering or cookie exchange. Enjoy!