Black Bottom Pie Recipe
This popular Southern dessert features a rich, gooey chocolate filling at the bottom of the pie, topped with light and fluffy coconut custard. Enjoying it is pure indulgence – each mouthful is a combination of creamy, smooth flavors with a delicate, crunchy finish.
- 1 9-inch pre-baked pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the pre-baked pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the bottom of the crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla, and butter until well blended.
- Stir in the coconut flakes.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Spread over the cooled pie.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Enjoy your delicious Black Bottom Pie!