Delicious Bird Cookie Recipe
Sometimes you just have a craving for something sweet and a little different. If you’re looking for an inventive, yet classic recipe to try, look no further than this “bird cookie”, a unique fusion of sweet and savory flavors and textures. Rich and creamy, this delightful combination of coconut, banana, spices, and sugar is sure to tantalize the taste buds.
• 2 cups self-raising flour
• 4 ounces butter
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 1/8 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 3 ripe bananas, mashed
• 1/2 cup desiccated or shredded coconut
• 1 teaspoon orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter, sugar, ginger and cinnamon. Then work the mixture together with your hands until it becomes a crumbly mixture.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the bananas, coconut, and orange zest.
4. Add the banana mixture to the crumbly mixture, and mix together until all of the ingredients are incorporated and the dough has a crumbly, cookie dough-like consistency.
5. On a floured surface, roll the dough out to about 1/4-inch thick. Cut out 2-inch rounds with a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass.
6. Place the cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
This delicious bird cookie recipe is sure to awaken your inner baker. With its unique combination of flavors, this recipe pays homage to a variety of different cultures and culinary traditions. The warm spices of ginger and cinnamon are balanced with the sweetness of the banana and orange. The coconut gives a crunch and creaminess that appeals to the senses.
Whether you’re trying this recipe as a unique dessert or tea time snack, you’ll exceed your expectations. Bird cookies are the perfect treat to add a little sweetness to your day. Enjoy!