Welcome To Betty’s Salad: Tangy and Refreshing Perfection
Are you looking for a refreshing and zesty treat to enjoy on these hot summer days? Look no further than Betty’s Salad. Packing a unique blend of flavors alongside a tangy twist, this recipe is sure to leave your taste buds wanting more.
What’s in Betty’s Salad?
The ingredients of Betty’s Salad represent a cross section of culinary cultures, from American and Mexican to French and South Asian. Here’s what you’ll need:
• 2 cups cooked chickpeas
• 1 cup cooked corn kernels
• 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
• 1 red onion, diced
• 1/4 cup julienned pickled beets
• 1/4 cup julienned jicama
• 1/2 cup crumbled feta
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
• 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Bringing Betty’s Salad to Life
Now that all of your ingredients are ready, it’s time to bring Betty’s Salad to life. This is an easy dish that’s sure to heat up your summertime meals.
1. In a large bowl, combine cooked chickpeas, corn, cherry tomatoes, red onion, pickled beets, and jicama.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice, and season with cider vinegar, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
3. Toss gently to combine.
4. Top with crumbled feta and garnish with fresh herbs (optional).
The Perfect Summer Salade
Betty’s Salad is an easy but flavorful dish that will quickly become one of your summertime favorites. The combination of contrasting flavors and textures make this dish an absolute delight to enjoy.
The flavors of the red onion marry perfectly with the sweet and tangy dressing, while the jicama and feta add a crunchy yet creamy element. The combination of the cumin and smoked paprika give this salad an incredible boost of flavor, making it the perfect way to liven up any meal.
If you’re looking for something delicious and different to try this summer, look no further than Betty’s Salad. Give this one a try and let us know what you think in the comments!