Berries and Cream
Berries and cream have been a classic combination that can be served in various forms. From a classic strawberry shortcake or a gooey berry cobbler to a simple bowl of berries and whipped cream, you can’t go wrong with this winning flavor combination. Here’s a basic recipe for berries and cream that you can customize to your liking.
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries, such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries
- 2-3 tablespoons honey or sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the berries, honey or sugar, and lemon zest. Let this mixture sit for 10-15 minutes to soften and marinate the berries.
- Meanwhile, use a large bowl and a whisk or electric mixer to beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. If desired, add the vanilla extract at this point.
- Divide the berry mixture into individual bowls or dishes. Top each dish with a spoonful of the whipped cream. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
This easy and delicious berries and cream recipe is a real crowd pleaser and a fantastic way to enjoy the sweet flavors of fresh berries. It can also easily be customized for a variety of dietary needs – simply use non-dairy whipped topping in place of the heavy cream for a vegan-friendly option. Serve up this timeless treat for a classic dessert that’s sure to be a hit!