Introducing Berbere Chicken: A Spicy Ethiopian Delight
If you’re looking to indulge in a truly unique culinary experience, then you’ve come to the right place. Today I’m going to share with you an amazing recipe for Berbere Chicken. Berbere is a distinctly Ethiopian spice blend, and this dish combines it perfectly with flavorful chicken for a delectable, spicy dish that is sure to leave your taste buds delighted.
What is Berbere?
Before we dive into the details of the recipe itself, I wanted to take a minute to talk about what Berbere is, and why it’s such an important part of this dish. Berbere is a traditional Ethiopian spice blend made up of chili peppers, garlic, ginger, and other spices such as cardamom, cloves, coriander, fenugreek, and more. This combination of spices creates a complex flavor profile with hints of sweetness, spice, and savory all at once.
The Perfect Spicy Addition to Your Favorite Chicken Dish
Now that you know a little bit about Berbere, let’s get to the recipe. This one is easy to make and takes about an hour from start to finish. So without further ado, here’s all you need to know to make Berbere Chicken:
-1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-2 teaspoons berbere spice blend
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
-2 large red onions, sliced
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1/2 cup chicken broth
-1/2 cup white wine
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, berbere spice blend, salt, and pepper.
3. Place the chicken pieces in the bowl, and use the mixture to coat all the pieces evenly.
4. Place the chicken in a large baking dish.
5. Add the onions, garlic, chicken broth, and white wine to the baking dish.
6. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the onions are lightly golden.
The Result: A Flavorful and Exotic Dish You’ll Never Forget
The end result of this recipe is simply amazing. Your taste buds will be tantalized by the sweet and spicy flavors of the Berbere. The chicken is perfectly cooked and succulent, and the onions and garlic add an extra layer of flavor. Plus, the leftovers are great to save and reheat for another meal.
Overall, this Berbere Chicken recipe is a perfect way to add a little international flare to your next dinner. Try it out and let me know what you think – I know you won’t be disappointed!