Tantalize Your Taste Buds with Japanese Beef Tongue
If you’re looking for a delicious and hearty dish that’s full of umami flavours, then Japanese Beef Tongue is the perfect dish for you. With its unique combination of textures and mouthwatering tastes, this dish is sure to be a hit at your next dinner party.
• 1kg of Beef Tongue
• 200ml of Soy Sauce
• 2 tablespoons of Sugar
• 2 tablespoons of Mirin
• ½ tablespoon of Grated Ginger
• 4 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
• 1 Bay Leaf
• 10 Whole Peppercorns
• 200ml of Water
1. Soak the beef tongue in cold water for at least an hour.
2. Drain the water, then cover the beef tongue with a new layer of water and add in the soy sauce, sugar, mirin, ginger, garlic, bay leaf and peppercorns.
3. Simmer for about two hours over a low heat. Make sure to check the water level every now and then and top it up as necessary.
4. Once the tongue is completely cooked and tender, take it out of the pan and let it cool down slightly.
5. Slice the cooled tongue into thin strips and serve.
This dish is delicious served with some steamed rice or with a side of sautéed vegetables. It also goes great with some pickled vegetables or a spicy miso soup.
Japanese beef tongue is a fantastic dish that is rife with cultural influences and unique flavours. But the idea of beef tongue can be perplexing to some. But once you try this dish, you will be delighted with the tenderness and juiciness of the beef and the umami punch that comes through from the soy sauce and other ingredients.
If you’re wanting to explore culinary traditions from different cultures, then Japanese beef tongue is a must-try. It’s bursting with flavour and a delightful combination of textures. So what are you waiting for? Whip up some Japanese Beef Tongue and tantalize your taste buds.