Barberton Fried Chicken: A Classic Comfort Food with a Twist
Fried chicken is not only the ultimate comfort food, it’s also a classic dish favorite in many cuisines around the world. In the United States, few fried chicken recipes are more beloved than Barberton Fried Chicken, a savory delight that has delighted foodies in the Midwest for generations.
What Makes Barberton Fried Chicken So Delicious?
The secret to Barberton Fried Chicken’s deliciousness lies in how it’s prepared. Unlike other fried chicken recipes, Barberton Fried Chicken is marinated, then generously seasoned with a blend of herbs and spices before being dipped in a homemade batter and fried to perfection. As the chicken cooks, the herbs and seasonings permeate the meat for an unforgettable flavor, making this fried chicken recipe an instant classic.
A Rich Culinary Tradition
Barberton Fried Chicken has deep roots in the region it calls home. Its unique flavor profile is said to be inspired by the many cultures that have shaped the food scene in the Barberton area, ranging from Eastern European to Southern-style cooking. As such, many believe that Barberton Fried Chicken is a regional staple dating back to the area’s earliest days.
Making the Perfect Plate of Barberton Fried Chicken
If you’re ready to get cooking, the following recipe will guide you through the steps to make the perfect plate of Barberton Fried Chicken.
Barberton Fried Chicken Recipe
– 8 chicken thighs
– ¼ cup olive oil
– ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
– 2 tablespoons garlic powder
– 2 tablespoons paprika
– 2 tablespoons black pepper
– 2 tablespoons sea salt
– 1 tablespoon oregano
– 1 tablespoon cumin
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 cups plain bread crumbs
– 4 large eggs
1. Start by combining the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, sea salt, oregano, and cumin in a bowl.
2. Wash and dry the chicken thighs, and place them in a large bowl.
3. Pour the mixture over the chicken thighs, and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
4. After the chicken has finished marinating, mix together the flour and bread crumbs in a bowl.
5. Crack the eggs into a separate bowl and whisk.
6. Dip each marinated thigh into the egg mixture and then into the flour and bread crumb mixture.
7. Heat a pot of oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and add the breaded chicken.
8. Fry the chicken for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
9. Serve hot and enjoy!
The Perfect Accompaniment
Barberton Fried Chicken is a delicious dish on its own, but it really shines when paired with flavorful sides such as potato salad, cheese grits, or homemade biscuits. For a full Midwest feast, you can also serve it with a side of coleslaw or macaroni and cheese.
If you want to experience the classic comfort food of the Midwest, then you must try Barberton Fried Chicken. Its delicious blend of herbs and spices is simply irresistible, and its deep roots in the region make it a timeless classic worth seeking out. With the right ingredients and a little patience, you can make this delicious dish in your very own kitchen. Enjoy!