Recipe For Banana Bread Without Baking Soda
With its moist texture, sweet flavor, and nutty topping, banana bread is a delicious treat that’s perfect for morning, noon, or night. But what if you don’t have baking soda on hand? Don’t worry! You can still enjoy a slice of banana bread with this easy recipe, which uses a combination of baking powder and yogurt to get the job done. Ready to give it a try? Read on for the full instructions!
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease an 8×4-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed bananas, melted butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, salt, and flour. Slowly add this dry mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring as you go until everything is blended together.
- Mix in the yogurt. If desired, stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.
And there you have it! With this easy recipe, you can enjoy a fresh slice of banana bread without using any baking soda at all. So if you find yourself in a pinch, you know what to do. Happy baking!