Skip to content
Authentic Teriyaki Chicken
- 500g chicken breast or thighs
- Grated ginger, to garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp sake (rice wine)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp mirin (rice wine vinegar)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Poke chicken using a fork.
- Mix all other ingredients in a bowl.
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- First, fry the skin side of the chicken on medium heat until the skin is browned. Turn the chicken over to fry the other side on low heat.
- Pour the sauce used to marinate chicken in the pan.
- Cover the pan and steam cook the chicken on low heat until done.
- Remove the lid and simmer until the sauce becomes thick. Remove from heat.
- Slice the chicken and place on a serving plate.
- Pour thickened sauce over the teriyaki chicken. Garnish with grated ginger, if you would like.
- Serve with vegetables on a bed of rice.
Share This Article