Tantalizing Augusta Egg Salad
Ah, the sweet taste of summer in the South. Nothing quite brings back childhood memories of August quite like Augusta egg salad. This delightful recipe promises an explosion of flavor that will make your taste buds stand at attention.
In this recipe, we bring together the vibrant flavors of celery, a hint of dijon mustard, and fresh parsley, combined with hard-boiled eggs and mayonnaise to create a burly and balanced dish. This is one of those iconic Southern meals that calls for a few simple ingredients, but it packs a huge flavor punch that can’t be matched by anything else.
– 6 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
– 3 stalks celery, chopped
– 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
– 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
– 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine eggs and celery.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and dijon mustard until combined.
3. Pour mayonnaise mixture over egg and celery mixture and stir until combined.
4. Add fresh parsley, salt and pepper, and stir until combined.
5. Serve Augusta egg salad on toast or with crackers.
This delicious salad is a delightfully savory combination of comfort and tartness. It takes just a few moments to prepare, and can be served as a main dish, side dish, or part of a potluck spread. It also makes the perfect dish for picnics when leaves start to fill the trees.
If you enjoy this Augusta egg salad, consider exploring other egg-based recipes like deviled eggs or Scotch eggs. Each of these dishes provides a unique flavor profile that is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
So, whenever a craving hits for a dish that can truly transport you to lazy August days in the South, look no further than Augusta egg salad. This simple, delicious recipe is sure to hit the spot.