Ann Landers Meatloaf – Savory and Tender!
Do you ever find yourself craving a hearty, comforting meal? If you’re looking for a dish that’s both savory and tender, then you’ve gotta try out Ann Landers Meatloaf. This classic American dish is beloved for its mix of delicious textures and flavors. Plus, with a few readily-available ingredients, you can whip it up in no time!
– 2 pounds ground beef
– 1 cup of milk (or milk alternative)
– 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
– ¼ teaspoon of pepper
– ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1 ½ teaspoons of onion powder
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup of finely chopped onion
– 2 cups of panko bread crumbs
– 1 cup of ketchup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, milk, cornstarch, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
3. Beat the two eggs in a separate bowl.
4. Add the eggs to the beef mixture, stirring until everything is well combined.
5. Mix in the onion, panko bread crumbs, and ketchup.
6. Grease a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
7. Press the meat mixture into the pan until the top is even.
8. Bake the meatloaf for about one hour.
9. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
10. Serve and enjoy!
This Ann Landers Meatloaf is a classic recipe that I’ve been sharing with family and friends for years. I just love the crumbly yet tender texture, as well as the aroma of the garlic and onion. Plus, it’s effortless to whip up from just a few simple ingredients with the bonus of being so satisfyingly good.
This meatloaf is perfect for those chilly nights when you can’t be bothered to have a complicated cooking session. Serve with mashed potatoes or a sturdy salad and you’ve got yourself a classic meal!