Amish Wedding Chicken: A Savory Delight Perfect for Any Occasion
If you’re looking for an easy, savory recipe for your next dinner party or special celebration, look no further than Amish Wedding Chicken. Bursting with flavor and perfect as a one-pan meal, this traditional Amish dish is sure to be a hit.
Culturally-Influenced Recipe with a Perplexing Flair
Amish Wedding Chicken is a traditional recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation. Combining a variety of cultural influences—including German, Dutch and Pennsylvania Dutch—this recipe is sure to tantalize taste buds and provide an experience like no other.
But what makes Amish Wedding Chicken unique? The secret lies in the perplexing combination of ingredients, which create a flavor that is both familiar and unexpected. A creamy, herbed sauce is poured over chicken and vegetables, then everything is seasoned to perfection and simmered atop a bed of coconut and evaporated milk, giving an interesting depth of flavor to the dish.
The Perfect One-Pan Meal
The best part of the dish is that it’s a one-pan meal, so you don’t have to worry about a messy kitchen. Simply place all of the ingredients in the pan and let the oven do its magic! In less than an hour, you’ll have a savory chicken dish that is sure to be the focal point of mealtime.
Amish Wedding Chicken Recipe
• 4 chicken breasts
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ cup onion, chopped
• 4 carrots, chopped
• 2 stalks celery, chopped
• 2 tablespoons flour
• ½ cup evaporated milk
• 2 cups chicken broth
• ¼ cup coconut milk
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large frying pan, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add carrots, celery, and flour, stirring until vegetables are coated in flour.
4. Slowly stir in evaporated milk and chicken broth, and bring to a simmer.
5. Add coconut milk, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper; simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Place chicken breasts into the pan, pushing them down into the sauce.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve and Enjoy
Amish Wedding Chicken is a savory delight that is sure to please any crowd. Serve with a side of rice or potatoes and your favorite vegetables, and you’ll have a complete meal in one pan. With its unique combination of flavors and its timeless cultural influences, this recipe is a true culinary delight.