Welcome to the world of Amish cuisine! We’re excited to introduce you to a classic Amish cucumber salad recipe that is sure to please. This simple recipe highlights the freshness of the cucumber with a tangy, herb-filled dressing that is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
Amish Cucumber Salad
• 2 large cucumbers, sliced
• 1/3 cup white vinegar
• 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 4 tablespoons sugar
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
1. Begin by slicing the cucumbers into thin slices.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, sugar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
3. Add the cucumber slices to the mixture and stir to combine.
4. Sprinkle the chopped fresh dill over the salad and mix again.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
This refreshing Amish cucumber salad is the ideal side dish for any summertime gatherings. The combination of the crunchy cucumbers with the zesty dressing is a combination that will never go out of style. Not to mention, it’s a breeze to make and takes minimal effort.
Similar recipes to Amish cucumber salad are found in other countries with a tradition of pickling cucumbers. This salad is also an excellent source of vitamins and minerals that contribute to a healthy lifestyle. So not only is this salad delicious, it is also a nutritious way to enjoy your cucumbers.
If you’re looking for a way to add a little culture and variety to your next summer party, Amish cucumber salad should definitely be on the menu! The bright and flavorful ingredients make this classic dish a delight to share with friends and family. This salad will surely take your summertime gathering to the next level.