A Deliciously Tender Amish Carrot Cake
If you’re looking for a truly unique carrot cake recipe, this Amish-style twist on a classic dessert is the one for you! Using secret techniques and a dedication to the traditional Amish baking culture, this delightful cake not only has a delicious taste and texture but honors a culture that values thoughtful cooking.
This carrot cake is tender and moist with a perfectly balanced sweetness, and is sure to be a hit at whatever gathering or event it is served at. The star of the recipe are the carrots, which are cooked and pureed in butter and cream to bring out the delectable flavor, before being gently mixed in with the other ingredients. This is a step that can’t be overlooked and is the secret to a truly yummy cake!
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 2 teaspoons baking soda
– 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1 teaspoon salt
– ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
– 3 cups grated carrots
– 1 cup vegetable oil
– 2 cups granulated sugar
– 4 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cardamom.
3. In a large bowl, mix the grated carrots and oil together until blended. Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until blended.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture to the carrot mixture and beat until just blended.
5. Spread into the greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
6. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
1. Beat 8 ounces cream cheese, ½ cup butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Gradually blend in 3 cups confectioners’ sugar until smooth and creamy. Spread over the cooled cake.
This Amish carrot cake will delight the pickiest of dessert connoisseurs. With its moist, tender crumb, subtle spices, and distinctive cream cheese topping, it is sure to become a family favorite. Plus, with extra grated carrots offering an earthy sweetness, this dish has all the elements of a classic carrot cake with a refreshingly unique twist.
Amish carrot cake puts a spin on a beloved classic. Its unusual ingredients, cooking methods, and cultural influences make it a tasty exploration of culinary traditions. It’s so good, you’ll want to whip it up for every occasion!