The Delicious Taste of American Sweet Potato Pie
If there’s one thing that we all can agree on, it’s that Americans love their sweet potatoes! Not only are they incredibly versatile, tasty, and nutritious, they’re also incredibly easy to prepare and make a welcome addition to a variety of meals and treats.
One of the most beloved American treats is the sweet potato pie. Sweet potato pies have been a popular Southern dessert for decades and have remained popular in the United States for just as long. This classic and delicious dessert is a must-have for many holiday meals, and it has even found its way into some of the best restaurants and bakeries throughout the country.
The great thing about sweet potato pies is that they’re incredibly simple to make. All you need is some sweet potatoes, butter, flour, eggs, spices, and of course, lots of flavorful and hearty toppings. The result is an amazing and tasty treat that will surely have your guests asking for seconds and thirds!
So without further ado, here’s an easy recipe for American Sweet Potato Pie:
American Sweet Potato Pie
4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons of melted butter
1/4 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon of ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 9-inch unbaked pastry shell
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and mash them until they’re completely smooth.
3. Add the melted butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt to the mashed sweet potatoes and mix together until they’re evenly combined.
4. Whisk the eggs together and then add them to the sweet potato mixture. Blend together until everything is completely combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the unbaked pastry shell.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the pie is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Let the pie cool before serving.
And there you have it – a classic and delicious recipe for American Sweet Potato Pie that’s sure to satisfy everyone! So the next time you’re in the mood for something sweet and tasty, give this recipe a try. And don’t forget the ice cream for a truly decadent dessert!