The Authentic Taste of the American Classic, Philly Cheesesteak
The Philly cheesesteak has been an American classic for many years. Its savory, rich taste has been sought after for decades and it’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Whether you’re a fan of traditional recipes, or are looking for something a little more creative, the Philly cheesesteak is sure to satisfy your cravings. Here’s a time-tested recipe for the classic sandwich that will bring out the true flavors of the American classic.
Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
-1 lb. thinly sliced rib eye steak
-1 TBSP olive oil
-3/4 cup chopped onions
-3/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
-1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
-1/2 tsp garlic powder
-1/2 tsp oregano
-1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
-1/2 tsp salt
-4 slices Provolone cheese
-4 Italian rolls
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Once the oil is hot, add the steak, onions, mushrooms and bell pepper. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the beef and vegetables are nicely browned.
3. Add the garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, and salt. Mix everything together and cook for an additional five minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 375°F.
5. Place the rolls on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until lightly golden.
6. Once golden, remove from oven and place the slices of Provolone cheese on each roll.
7. Divide the steak and vegetables among the rolls and top with a lid.
8. Place the roll, topped with the steak and cheese back into the oven and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
9. Remove from oven, slice and serve!
No matter where you’re from, the Philly cheesesteak is sure to become one of your favorite sandwiches. Its savory, Flavorful components come together to make a incredibly delicious meal that’s sure to become a regular on your table. Not only is it a classic that all your family and friends will love, but it also packs a nutritional punch as well. Now that you’re armed with the time-tested recipe for the classic American sandwich, you’ll be ready to enjoy a meal that will delight your entire family. Enjoy!