Enjoying Classic American Comfort Food: Cobb Salad
When it comes to American cuisine, comfort food is king. Mac & Cheese, casseroles and even tacos often bring home the familiar flavors and textures we know and love. The Cobb Salad is no exception to this trend of delicious and comforting American dishes. It’s a classic combination of delicate flavors, crunchy vegetables and a hint of sweetness that make it a perfect meal for any time.
Cobb Salad is the brainchild of Bob Cobb, the owner of the Beverly Hills Brown Derby restaurant. An iconic staple of the restaurant since its opening in 1929, the Cobb Salad is now a popular favorite in the United States. This hearty dish is often packed with a variety of flavors and textures.
The base of a Cobb Salad consists of chopped iceberg lettuce, crisp bacon and diced roasted chicken. It is usually topped with eggs, avocado and crumbled blue cheese for a savory, luxurious taste. Other additions to the salad might include tomatoes, green onions and even a milder, sweeter type of lettuce, such as romaine.
Today, the Cobb Salad is a widely recognizable standard on the restaurant menu. It’s a great way to indulge in the flavor of true American comfort food, no matter where in the world you may be. Here is an easy-to-follow, authentic Cobb Salad that you can make at home. This recipe serves two people.
Cobb Salad Recipe
– 3 cups iceberg or romaine lettuce, chopped
– 1/2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
– 1 cup diced roasted chicken
– 1 avocado, diced
– 2 hard boiled eggs, diced
– 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
– 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine the chopped lettuce, bacon, chicken, avocado, eggs, blue cheese and green onions.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
4. Serve the Cobb Salad immediately.
Whether you’re looking for a light lunch to get you through the day or a hearty dinner to end the night, a classic Cobb Salad won’t let you down. Get ready to experience the US classic with this delicious Cobb Salad recipe!