3 1/4 cups walnuts 1 teaspoon port wine 2 tablespoons butter, melted 1/4 cup sugar
1/8 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup Jiffy Cornbread Mix 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup butter, unsalted 1/2 cup sugar 3 eggs, beaten 1/4 cup amaretto
1 cup whole dried cranberries
2 eggs 2 tablespoons flour Zest of 1 lemon 4 tablespoons orange juice 2 teaspoons orange zest
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar 1 tablespoon orange zest Juice of 1 orange
1. Chop nuts roughly in food processor. Add wine. Transfer to large bowl, mixing in remaining ingredients until well combined.
2. Press nut mixture flat at the bottom of your lightly greased 9½ x 13 baking pan. (If you want to use a jelly-roll pan, double the ingredients for the crust and cake to ensure you have enough to fill the whole pan–parchment paper works great too, especially when using a jelly-roll pan).
3. Bake crust in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes, being careful not to burn the nuts. Set aside and let crust cool.
1. Mix first four ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In a larger bowl, cream together butter and sugar, adding in the eggs and mixing until light and fluffy (about 4 minutes). Add amaretto.
3. Gradually mix in dry ingredients until everything is well incorporated. Toss in cranberries.
4. Evenly spread cake batter over the cooked walnut crust. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. (Cake will not be fully cooked.) Carefully set aside and let cool completely.
1. While cake bakes, beat all ingredients on medium speed for 5 minutes.
2. Brush evenly over cake and bake for a remaining 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in middle of pan.
3. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
1. Whip together all ingredients until frosting forms, about 5 minutes.
2. When ready to serve, slice cake into bars and drizzle icing over each piece. Top with chopped walnuts and dried cranberries.
(*If you have champagne or sparkling wine, substitute for milk for an extra delight.)