Raise A Flopper Recipes
Raise A Flopper is a popular breakfast dish created by a local family in California. Generally, the dish consists of french toast slices that are stuffed with cream cheese and other sweet fillings. The dish is served hot and is a flavorful, decadent way to start the day.
The classic version of Raise a Flopper is topped with a lightly browned glaze, but feel free to experiment and customize it to your taste. Whether it’s adding maple syrup, sprinkles, or other toppings to your Raise A Flopper, it’s sure to be a breakfast showstopper.
– 8 thick slices of French toast
– 4 ounces of softened cream cheese
– ¼ cup of powdered sugar
– 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
– 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
– 2 tablespoons of orange juice
– 2 tablespoons of honey
– 4 tablespoons of butter
– Your favorite glaze (maple syrup, caramel, ganache, etc)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, heavy cream, and orange juice in a bowl. Mix until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
3. Spread one tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture between two slices of French toast.
4. Repeat the cream cheese filling step with the remaining slices of French toast.
5. Grease a 9″x13″ baking dish or oven-safe skillet with 1 tablespoon of butter.
6. Place the French toast slices into the dish, cream cheese side up.
7. Drizzle the remaining butter, honey, and glaze (of your choice) over the top of the French toast.
8. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is golden and bubbly.
9. Enjoy your Raise A Flopper with a little extra honey, syrup, or glaze.