Are you looking for delicious and hearty comfort food that will whisk you away from winter’s chill? Look no further with this air fryer chicken pot pie recipe! This flavorful and cozy dish is made up of all of your favorite classic ingredients, but with an added modern twist.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 ½ cups diced onion
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/3 cup flour
– 2 cups chicken broth
– 1 cup cooked, diced chicken
– 1 cup frozen green peas
– 1 cup frozen corn
– ¼ teaspoon black pepper
– 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– ¼ teaspoon baking soda
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
– 2 tablespoons cold water
1. Preheat an air fryer to 375 degrees F.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Stir in the flour and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
4. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth, stirring until the mixture is smooth and thick, about 4 minutes.
5. Stir in the cooked chicken, peas, corn, black pepper and parsley. Cook until the sauce is thickened and the vegetables are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
6. Transfer the filling to an air fryer-safe dish.
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
3. Slowly add the cold water, stirring until the dough begins to come together.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly.
4. Roll out the dough to a 12-inch circle, about 1/8 inch thick.
5. Place the dough on top of the filling and use a knife to cut a few vents in the top.
6. Place the chicken pot pie in the preheated air fryer and cook until the crust is crisp and golden, about 15 minutes.
7. Carefully remove the pot pie from the air fryer and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This air fryer chicken pot pie is the perfect combination of old-fashioned comfort food and modern cooking techniques. The filling is filled with savory chicken and vegetables, while the golden brown crust is doubly crispy and buttery thanks to the air fryer. Make sure to add this delicious dish to your rotation for cozy nights spent around the dinner table.
Are you looking for more air fryer recipes? Try this spicy air fryer fried chicken or this air fried eggplant parmesan! For more comforting classics, try our classic macaroni and cheese recipe or these flavorful roasted potatoes.