Adam Richman’s Spinach Pie Recipe
Known for his outgoing and adventurous personality, Adam Richman has become a national celebrity for his love of food and travel. Adam Richman is a big fan of food from around the world. In particular, he is a fan of the Mediterranean Diet, which is why his specialty is his delicious Spinach Pie. This pie has become a favorite of Richman’s fans and is sure to become one of your favorites too!
Richman’s Spinach Pie is full of sautéed spinach, feta cheese, dill and red onion, all in a flaky piecrust. It is a hearty meal that is perfect for a light lunch or dinner, or served as an appetizer with toothpicks. It is easy to make and can be a great addition to any potluck gathering.
– 2 store-bought 9 inch pie crusts
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 red onion, chopped
– 2 10 ounce packages of frozen chopped spinach, thawed
– 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon each of oregano, basil and dill
– ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
– 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Take one of the pie crusts and line it in a non-stick 9-inch pie plate.
3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the garlic and onion and cook for about 3 minutes, until the onion is soft.
4. Add the chopped spinach and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Then add in the lemon juice, oregano, basil, dill, and black pepper. Cook for an additional 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
5. Put the spinach mixture into the bottom crust of the pie plate and spread evenly. Sprinkle the feta cheese over top.
6. Put the other crust on top so that it covers the spinach mixture. Gently press the crust together around the edges of the plate.
7. Make some slits in the top of the crust to allow steam to escape while baking.
8. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Let the Pie cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Enjoy Adam Richman’s Spinach Pie with family and friends!