Introducing Abraham Lincoln Cake – A Heart-Shaped Delight
History has always had a special place in the hearts of food enthusiasts. We’re proud to add a new entry to the culinary canon – Abraham Lincoln Cake! In honor of Grand Poobah President Lincoln’s grand accomplishments, our bakers have created a delicious, heart-shaped cake to commemorate his legacy.
The Abraham Lincoln Cake’s Unique Ingredients And Flavour
This tasty treat draws from some truly unique ingredients — like white cornmeal and bourbon. Combined with its classic base of butter, flour, and sugar, the Abraham Lincoln Cake comes alive with the subtle sweetness of caramelized brown sugar, the fiery kick of cayenne pepper, and a touch of nutmeg. The result? A moist and flavorful cake that is sure to delight.
Baking Instructions For Abraham Lincoln Cake
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup white cornmeal
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine white cornmeal, bourbon, and all-purpose flour.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until well-combined, and then add in the brown sugar and stir until everything is fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 9-inch round cake pan or heart-shaped cake pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool and serve with your favorite frosting or glaze. Enjoy!
Why You Need To Try Abraham Lincoln Cake
With its unique selection of ingredients, Abraham Lincoln Cake is the perfect recipe for those looking to take a leap into the history books! Enjoy the classic cake base paired with modern flavors like cayenne pepper and bourbon — this is the perfect way to celebrate President Lincoln’s legacy. Serve at dinners or parties, and your guests will be asking for more!