Ah, the days of scrunchies and Frizzy perms! Going back to the ’90s is almost like travelling in a time machine – there are so many memories of this era and they should all be celebrated. Festivities become even more memorable when delicious cupcakes are included, so let’s try out this ’90s-themed recipe and bring those memories alive!
90s Themed Cupcakes
• 1 ½ cups (190 g) all-purpose flour
• 1 cup (220 g) sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup (113.3 g) unsalted butter, melted
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) buttermilk
• 10-15 gummy worms
• White and black icing
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C). Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and buttermilk.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
5. Fill each cupcake liner with the batter and bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Decorate your cupcakes with melted white and black icing, and adorn them with gummy worms.
These cupcakes are guaranteed to be a hit at any ’90s-themed event! The vanilla and buttery cupcake base pairs perfectly with the white and black icing and topped-off with gummy worms. What a delectable and unique cupcake – it is sure to transport people through time and evoke nostalgia!
For something with a different twist, why not try the same recipe with a modern flair? For instance, you could swap the traditional gummy worms with neon colored gummies, or change the usual decomposition technique by adapting different piping designs. The possibilities are endless.
Whether you stick to the classic ’90s recipe or concoct your own, these cupcakes are sure to increase your guests’ levels of delight! So why not get busy in the kitchen and give this recipe a try!