1. Black Bean Tacos: This delicious vegetarian dinner option is packed with protein and vitamins and minerals. Black beans are a great source of fiber, which can help lower cholesterol, and they contain plant sterols, which are known to have heart health benefits. This dish also contains tomatoes, which are loaded with antioxidants and Vitamin C. On top of that, this dish is low in fat and calories and can be prepared quickly and easily.
2. Veggie Lasagna: Lasagna is a classic comfort food, and when you make it with vegetables, you increase the health benefits substantially. This dish contains layer upon layer of vitamins and minerals from a variety of vegetables, including bell peppers, tomatoes, and spinach, as well as a tomato-based sauce that adds flavor and nutrition. On top of that, it is very high in protein and is a rich source of B vitamins, iron, and calcium.
Vegetarian Dinner Ideas Everyone Will Love
Having vegetarian dinner selections that everyone loves is possible and can be a nutritious, delicious feast. The following delicious dinners will tantalize taste buds, delight your vegetarians, and win over those who thought they’d never enjoy a meatless meal!
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 jar (14 to 15 ounces) marinara sauce or 1-1/2 cups homemade marinara sauce
- 11 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and artichokes; cook and stir until artichokes are heated through.
- In the same skillet, heat the sauce; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Spread about 1/3 cup of sauce in the bottom of an ungreased 9×13-in. baking dish.
- Layer with three lasagna noodles and half the artichoke mixture. Top with one cup sauce and a third of cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers, ending with noodles and sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Thai Stir-Fry With Tofu & Rice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons vegan oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 red chili, seeded, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 100g/3 1/2 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 100g/3 1/2 oz. thin green beans, halved
- 2 large carrots, cubed
- 150g/5 oz. firm tofu, cubed
- 1 small handful chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 250g/9 oz. long-grain or thigh-grain sticky/glutinous rice, cooked according to the packet instructions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the white wine, oyster sauce, and soy sauce; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and chili pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the sliced onions, mushrooms, green beans, and carrots to the wok; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the cubed tofu, stirring to combine. Pour in the sauce and cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in the fresh parsley and cooked rice. Cook and stir until the rice is heated through, about 1 minute.
- Serve the stir-fry with a topping of the remaining parsley.
These vegetarian dinner ideas are sure to please everyone, vegetarian or not! A one-pan lasagna with ricotta, artichoke, and mozzarella, or a fragrant and nourishing Thai stir-fry with tofu and rice. Whether served during weeknight dinners or special occasions, everyone will be begging for more.
Plus, it is low in fat and calories and very filling.r.