When you are short on time and want to feed your family something healthy but don’t want to spend a lot of time making something this tuna casserole dish is for you. If you like your dishes just a little creamier then add some milk before you bake. For the topping you can also use parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs like I did the last time I made this tuna casserole. Even crushed crackers make a good topping alternative. Basically this is a very simple recipe and most people will have all the ingredients right there in the pantry which is what I like about it. Oh that and when I make this I always think of my sweet little Nanna which makes it just that little bit tastier. The recipe for this tuna casserole serves six and is ready in 35 minutes.
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix noodles, onion, 1 cup cheese, peas, tuna, soup and mushrooms.
- Transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish, and top with potato chip crumbs and remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is bubbly.